Your Sound Alternative
On Now:
Playlist Archive
Join us on: YouTube

News Archive


St. Martin Barn Fire A Total Loss, Animals Saved

04/04/2018 - 9:00 AM

Facebook Twitter

A barn fire in St. Martin Township Wednesday morning ended in a total loss.

Stearns County Sheriff Don Gudmundson says just before 4:30 a.m. Homeowners 53-year-old Daniel Kremers and 45-year-old Angela Kremers of St. Martin called authorities about their barn being on fire. Daniel noticed noisy cattle as he was getting ready for work and saw a red glow from a barn.

The Kremers tried to put out the barn that housed several goats, chickens and miscellaneous equipment. All the chickens and goats are believed to be saved.

The St. Martin Fire Department put out the fire, but the barn is believed to be a total loss. The homeowners think the fire started from a heat lamp inside of a goat hut.