1. When did you get involved with 88.1FM?
I got involved with KVSC as soon as could when I moved up to St. Cloud my freshman year.
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC and what’s your favorite to listen to?
I host the late night progressive rock show on Tuesdays and I help out in news department as much as I can!
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must play on your show(s).
I love indie and alternative rock so one of my favorite bands is Twenty One Pilots. But I also love Painted Palms and New Politics
4. Why are you involved with independent public radio at 88.1FM?
I’m a Mass Communications major here at SCSU and my focus is on broadcast journalism so I wanted to work here at the radio station and upstairs at UTVS to gain real world experience.
5. What is in your CD player, iPod, or MP3 player right now? (Be Honest!)
I can’t say I have everything on my MP3 right now but I have quite the variety! I have song from my country western phase I went through in middle school, to a bunch of top 40 hits that I have downloaded over the years. I even have some classical music on there to listen to when I’m studying. But the songs I play the most have to be the songs from my favorite bands, Fall Out Boy and Twenty One Pilots
6. Please disclose the most embarrassing music moment or concert you’ve seen or album you’ve bought (perhaps even shameful).
The first concert I ever went to was Skillet, when they came to Sioux Falls South Dakota for the Life Light music festival. They had pyrotechnics, fireworks, the guitarist was lifted up in the air by wires at one point, and the drum set was on a stage that moved up and down and spun around. And did I mention the awesome pyrotechnics? It is still one of my favorite concerts I have ever been to!
7. What are your hobbies and interests?
Besides working here at KVSC and at UTVS I am on the SCSU Forensic team. So I travel with them on the weekends to different colleges to compete and give my variety of speeches. I also really enjoy going rock climbing with my friends and watching my favorite show American Horror Story!
8. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
At UTVS or hanging out with my friends in the library or their dorm.
9. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
Well the motto here seems to be “throw them into the fire” the training process here is very hands on and you make a recording on day one! But to be honest I wouldn’t have it any other way if I make a mistake on air it’s all a part of the process live and learn right?
What do you think is the future of radio?
I might be a little biased but I believe the future of radio is looking bright! Artist are always making new music, news is always happening, and of course you can’t forget about the sports. And what better way to get all three to the people but by the radio! As long as people drive cars they will need a radio to listen too!