1. When did you get involved with 88.1FM?
I came to SCSU for their Radio Broadcast program and when I got here saw the advertisements for the station. After some pushing and prodding here I am!
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC and what’s your favorite to listen to?
Currently I am your Friday Morning Show Part 2 voice. I’m really into the “Beats N’ Pieces” and getting a broader look into the EDM/Techno/Etc Etc scene.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must play on your show(s).
Anyone that can make me forget for a second that it’s a Morning.
4. Why are you involved with independent public radio at 88.1FM?
I’m a Radio Broadcast major. That and I like brining joy to people. Music is the best way to do that. Also they won’t let me do my own comedy hour.
5. What is in your CD player, iPod, or MP3 player right now? (Be Honest!)
There’s a little bit of everything but the last song I paused on was Lordes “White Teeth Teens”
6. Please disclose the most embarrassing music moment or concert you’ve seen or album you’ve bought (perhaps even shameful).
I took my Dad, Aunt, and Grandma to a Shania Twain concert in Fargo at the NDSU campus.
7. What are your hobbies and interests?
I do a fair bit of gaming in what little free time I do have. Otherwise I work or go to school.
8. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
Probably the Veterans Resource Center or home.
9. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
Making a connection to your audience without being able to see them. I’m talking to you but I can’t see you or your reactions.
10. What do you think is the future of radio?
There’s a reason people remember who Tom Barnard is across the state. He has personality and I think big personalities are making a comeback in radio.