1. When did you get involved with 88.1 FM KVSC? As a DJ -- August 2004 As a listener -- The moment in junior high when I discovered you can only play a Mac Davis 8-track tape so many times before you throw up.
22 2. Why are you involved with independent community radio at KVSC? Because Iowa Jeff said he'd give me some popcorn, a bottle of beer, and tell me a bedtime story. Little did I know that volunteering also required being duct taped to various objects.
3. 3. What show(s) do you currently host and what programs have you hosted in the past? Currently – Co-hosting Classic Rock Part 1 with Ryan. Past -- Whole Lotta Blues, Diversions, Undercurrents, Sisters, The Morning Show, The Root Cellar, Afternoon Progressive Rock, Late Night Progressive Rock, Thriving On A Riff, Eclectic Breakfast, Blues Before Sunrise, Insomnia Heaven, Granite City Rock Cafe, Frets, Noon Newswatch, Afternoon News Edition, Urban Invasion, and What's Up?, as well as helping make & produce radio promos & sweepers.
4. Please list some of the artists you consider to be a must play on your show(s). During the year -- Anything that is good. During Trivia -- Shake A Hamster Band & Rick Springfield. When I fix a cup of coffee & read the newspaper -- Any song longer than 10 minutes.
5. What is in your CD or MP3 player right now? (Be honest) CD Player -- Nothing but dust, because it's broken. iPod – I don’t have one. Laptop Computer -- Currently playing is The Novas song “The Crusher”, followed by Nick Lowe’s "Cruel To Be Kind” (song), Frankie Yankovic "Plays In Person - The All Time Greatest Polkas” (album), Split Enz "The Best Of...” (album), Talk Talk “It’s My Life” (song), Jeff Healey "Last Call” (album), The Fixx "Reach The Beach” (album), Battle Of Verdun "Fox In The Henhouse (song)", The Nothingheads "Persnickety” (album), Earth, Wind, & Fire "September (song)", Reverend Horton Heat "The Full Custom Gospel Sounds Of...” (album), God's Favorite Band "Shacknasty” (album), Motorhead "Ace Of Spades” (song), George Maurer Trio "Groovitis” (album), Landing Gear “Song #4” (song), The Beatles "Rubber Soul” (album), Ministry “Jesus Built My Hotrod” (song), and a boatload of other songs.
6. Please disclose your most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful) music moment, concert you’ve attended, or album you’ve bought. I don't have a most embarrassing moment, nor do I regret buying any of the music I have.
7. 7. If you had to reduce your album collection to just 5, what 5 albums would you choose and why? Husker Du "New Day Rising", Reverend Horton Heat “The Full Custom Gospel Sounds Of...", The Nothingheads "Persnickety", Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros "Streetcore", and George Harrison "All Things Must Pass". Why? Because I like them.
8. What are your hobbies and interests? Releasing jars of moths in a movie theater while Gypsy is working, starting clay fights in art class, debating the types of vegetables that should go into tater tot hot dish, bear rasslin', squirting catsup & mustard into running fans, driving my turbo-charged Zamboni.....I could continue, but really, this list is endless.
9. If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why? The Hamm's Beer Bear. Why? Because chicks dig him.
10. When you are not at KVSC, where can you most likely be found? On a golf course, caddying for the Dali Lama. He's a big hitter, the Lama.
11. If it were the end of the world and you could only take five things with you what would they be and why? (Be honest)
1. The loyalty of a fine dog or cat.
4. A TV, with full access to any hockey game on any level available & able to draw in KVSC’s signal.
5. Since a corporation is now considered “a person”, I’d incorporate all of my friends & bring “All My Friends, Inc.” with. But really, if it were the end of the world, where would I take this stuff.....the ice planet Hoth?
12. What is the most interesting listener request or inquiry you have received while hosting? I received several interesting requests & inquiries during the infamous April Fool's Day joke of 2012. Ask Iowa Jeff about these, as he & several other good friends were responsible for them.
13. What is your favorite KVSC memory? My favorite "music" moment was watching The Goodship Voodoo park off the shore of KVSC while it was basking in the glow of three full moons. Never heard eight mermaids & a captain make such good music together, nor have I had so many good music requests shouted to me rather than phoned in. Damn near moved me to tears, I tells ya.
14. What do you think is the future of radio? Dunno...Jeff & Gypsy, when you decide to un-duct tape me from the wall, do it fast. I forgot to shave.
15. Please list any additional comments about your involvement at KVSC or other interests. This interrogation is over. I’m going to bed